Monday, May 9, 2011

The Blessing of School

As weird as this may sound, I love making it to school! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my son and spending time with him, however the balance of school and motherhood has really helped me stay sane in such a chaotic time in my life.  Being able to get away to school for a few hours allows me to remember that I am still a human being, that I still have dreams that I want to accomplish and that I am still Ulissa Suarez. 

Many times this semester making it to class just seemed like an impossible task due to the fact that I was mentally and physically drained! But whenever I was able to make it, the walls of St.John's became a place that would allow me to be the old Ulissa, a student just like everybody else and the only responsibility I have within those walls is to graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment